Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Admin and Profs Are Human Too...

Continuing on last week's blog about students writing silly things, let's move on to the college staff.

I came across this blog today (see? there's that blog addiction again) and almost fell out of my chair laughing. Turns out the prof writing an email to a student had a little typo (or Freudian slip... depends on your point of view) that said: You don’t need to apologize for emailing me two hours after class about an assignment not due until [much later]. It shows that you’re on top of things, and professors love stupids who are on top of things.

Oh goodness. Stupids?

Now, that's not to say I've never done that myself. I have a tendency to miss the "c" key on my keyboard so occasionally I have found in an email of my own to various colleges informing them of how many "licks" they received on their website the week or month before. Maybe I've got some odd repressed desire to lick a college? I'm not sure about that one.

Well, the point of this whole thing is that the staff at the college is human too... and despite the fact that these folks are the ones grading papers on grammar they are not immune to mistakes themselves. But they're usually pretty funny when they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!